About Makerhood Battersea
Makerhood Battersea is a local initiative started by The Old School Club to investigate if makers in Battersea would be interested in a Makerhood of their own. If you are a maker who lives or
works in Battersea come along to one of our meetings to find out more.
We will work with our local makers to find out about their issues, challenges, work opportunities and following the success of Makerhood we are planning to provide as much support as
About Makerhood Lambeth
We are local people from all walks of life, ages and backgrounds, united by our passion for creativity, skills, and sustainable consumption who came together
to launch Makerhood in Brixton in 2010. The project has been growing ever since, with more people joining, volunteering and making new friends in the community. In 2012 another Makerhood community started in Norwood, which then expanded across all of Lambeth in 2014.
If you want to see how Makerhood Lambeth supports local makers take a look at their website here.
Makerhood is all about creating local connections. These are some of the great activities provided:
- Maker profiles: Join the makers' showcase on the website, where local people, organisations and businesses can find you. Include links to your website, online shops and social media
pages, show off your latest work, or announce the markets or shops you sell at, classes or workshops you teach. You also get the chance to be our Featured Maker on the home page.
- Makers’ Club meetings: Expert speakers share knowledge on issues that matter to makers, from promotion to retailers and journalists, to selling online or at markets,
to pricing your goods or dealing with tax or copyright. It’s also a great opportunity to meet like-minded creative people to share information and collaborate.
- Business development workshops: Early-bird discounts on our business development workshops and product surgeries. Previous workshops include pitching to retailers and product
- Access to information on opportunities: Only Makers’ Club members have access to information on local selling opportunities and other news.
- Exclusive/collaborative selling opportunities, working with local retailers and markets to promote our members.
- Discounts from local businesses: We’ve negotiated special discounts from local businesses on products and services that we think are particularly useful for makers, such as art supplies,
framing, car hire and packaging.
- Makerhood working groups: If you wish, you can join Makerhood’s working groups. We are a volunteer-based organisation, and we always welcome people who want to get involved, whether it's in
organising markets, PR or work on this website. It’s a great way to learn new skills, gain experience, raise your profile and make connections.