We use the fabulous Autentico Chalk paint for its quality. It is easy to use and there is no need to strip, sand or use any chemicals. You can also obtain amazing finishes in a very creative way. Autentico Vintage chalk based paint was developed using old recipes and only natural ingredients and does not include any harmful additives, which makes it great
for children's furniture.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BUY AUTENTICO CHALK PAINT? We offer a 10% discount on all Autentico paint purchases on the day of the classes.
You will see all our classes at the bottom of the page, click on Book to see the dates and to book a space.
We have grouped all our three classes in one super complete workshop so you can get lots from it!!!
This is how it works:
1. Intro about Autentico Paint (1 hour)
During the Intro time we will work on a sample board so you can test different colours and distressing techniques and get ready for your masterpiece. We will cover:
- Autentico chalk paint (Vintage)
- Colour ranges and how to combine backgrounds
- The different techniques to obtain a distressed or modern look
- How to apply different waxes to obtain unique finishes
- All materials are provided for this Intro, we will work on sample wood panels to learn these techniques before applying them to your piece of furniture.
2. Paint your own piece of furniture (4 hours)
Painting furniture requires some preparation and design, as well as some technique! During this part of the class you will learn how to:
- Prepare your piece of furniture (light sanding or primer)
- Choose your colour combinations to make a unique design.
- Paint your piece to obtain the best results (we will cover the main painting techniques)
- Distressing (optional)
- Apply wax to obtain your desired finish
- You will be able to select your desired colours and finishes.
(* size of the items need to be approved for this class)
• You need to bring your piece of furniture. If you don't have a piece of furniture to paint please let us know as we have a few here (fees apply).
3. Decorative Techniques (2 hours during drying times)
We have added this part too to have a bit more fun! During the drying times (for about 1 hour each), you will learn & practice some of the techniques that can be used to decorate painted furniture.
You will learn how to:
- Paint with stencils (plain and textured with Autentico 3D Embossing Terrapieno)
- Create your own design and learn how to decoupage
- How to use Autentico Crackle with two colours
We will use a sample wooden board or you can apply these techniques on your piece of furniture!
Click on BOOK to see the details and to book your space.