A class that teaches beginner upholstery techniques taking you from basic materials (foam, batting, wadding & fabric) to a finished unique piece of furniture. In this course you will learn:
- How to paint the footstool wooden base with two colours, how to obtain a distressed look and final touches such as clear or dark wax
- How to choose the right foams for different projects
- How to apply the different layers of foam, calico and fabric to obtain best results.
- Basic upholstery techniques and how to use a variety of tools while making a small footstool.
(Note that for this project we will be using modern upholstery techniques only).
- How to structure, add pleats and trimmings to the top fabric.
* Footstool kit, Paint, tools & sundries provided. Fabric not included, you can buy some fabrics here or bring your own. We have a small but carefully selected range of upholstery fabrics, avg price £15 - £20 pm